Our well-protected Guilford, CT boat yard accommodates over 100 vessels up to 46 feet in length for winter storage. We provide complete winter storage services, including winterizing (click here to download our decommissioning checklist), shrink wrapping as well as light cover. An added benefit: should you feel so inclined to check on your vessel during the winter months, we guarantee you won’t find a prettier view.
Located just three miles from I-95, our boatyard is easy to get to so checking in on your vessel or doing off-season work in our yard is convenient and practical. And speaking of off-season work, we also provide a full gamut of on-site boat maintenance services while your boat is on the hard.
Winter storage and services rates
Some of our winter storage rates are as follows (for a complete list, click here).
Inboard Winterizing $185.00
Outboard Winterizing (1,2 Cyl) $100.00
Outboard Winterizing (3 Cyl) $150.00
Outboard Winterizing (4 Cyl) $175.00
Winterize domestic water system $98.00 plus materials
Batteries – remove, test, store, charge $45.00/per
Shrinkwrap: up to 20’ LOA $17.00/foot
Shrinkwrap: 21’ – 30’ LOA $20.00/foot
Shrinkwrap: 31’ LOA and up $22.00/foot
During summer months, we allow a number of trailered or blocked boats to be stored in our boatyard. Please contact us about rates and availability.
- All customers must sign a work order/storage agreement upon their arrival. All terms and conditions of that agreement must be followed, including a deposit.
- All invoices must be paid in full before launch or departure.
- Monthly dockage/storage fees are billed in advance and due in advance.
- All customers must provide an authorized contact name, phone number, valid mailing address and emergency contact number.
- All boats brought to Brown’s Boat Yard must have proof of property and liability insurance in place throughout their stay.
- Brown’s Boat Yard is not responsible for theft or any damages due to fire, wind, or acts of nature while a customer’s boat is on Brown’s Boat Yard property. Please discuss any particular requirements with our Services Manager.
- Pressure washing, spray painting, sand blasting, and re-location of boat stands must only be performed by Brown’s Boat Yard employees.
- All scaffolding, staging, ladders, tools and equipment owned by Brown’s Boat Yard are to be used by Brown’s Boat Yard personnel only.
- All sub-contractors hired by the boat owner must provide proof of general liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 and worker’s compensation coverage. A copy of the sub-contractor’s bill and payment equal to 15% of the total must be in the office before the vessel is released from the yard.
- All rates are subject to change without notice.